Week one completed!
Well….I had vodka with soda water : (
No beer or wine though!
I went to a Mexican restaurant, NOT ONE CHIP, and went to an Italian restaurant, NOT ONE BITE OF BREAD.
I feel great!
Update: weigh in at 119 lbs!
How’s my gym commitment?…still lacking
Only made it to the gym three times last week out of the 4 I was shooting for.
So hard when I have horses that I, not only want to ride, but NEED to.
They are athletes too ya know ; )
ANYWAYS! On to the good stuff.
Matthew and I stocked up on Friday on meat and produce and spent $400 at Costco, how is that even possible!
I have to admit I left a little mad at myself for not paying attention.
Even though we bought a TON of food, I didn’t want to cook that night.
We decided to pick up a rotisserie chicken and eat that with some veggies.
Where am I going with this?…there is a point I promise.
Well last night, when trying to figure out what on earth to create (that was Paleo), I was adamant about making what we had in the fridge work since we exceed our monthly food budget in one day.
I literally threw this meal together and SHOCKED Matthew with how incredibly delicious it was!
This meal was created from left over’s of two other meals we made.
Bell peppers from this recipe:
and capers from this recipe:
I took NO pictures because I wasn’t hopeful of this turning out as fabulous as it did.
What should I call this?
For the sake of this blog let’s just say
Left Over Rotisserie Chicken and Random refrigerator items (a pretty accurate title)
3 Bell peppers
Left over Rotisserie Chicken
1 cup Mushrooms
1/2 jar of Marinara Sauce (White Linen Collection) **
1 tbs Mined Garlic
**IMPORTANT** okay seriously White Linen Collection Marinara Sauce from Costco is the most DELICIOUS canned sauce I have ever had. It’s my entire family’s choice of sauce. AND its 100% Paleo! Can it get any better?
Check it out for yourself!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut tops of bell peppers off and clean out the seeds
3. Place peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper with the cut off top facing up.
4. Bake peppers for 15 mins.
5. In the meantime, mix left over rotisserie chicken, marinara sauce (recommend White Linen brand), minced garlic, and S&P in a bowl
6. After the bell peppers have baked for 15 min, take out the baking sheet fill the peppers with chicken and marinara mix.
7. Once all the bell peppers are filled top with capers.
8. Put now the stuffed peppers back in the oven and bake for another 15 min.
The ONLY picture I have are my left over’s that I am enjoying for breakfast.
If you make this please let me know what you think!